Ambient temperature mechanical properties of precipitation hardening stainless steel flat products to BS EN 10088-2
BS EN 10088-2 is the material standard for stainless steel sheet, plate and strip for general purposes. This article gives the 0.2% proof strength, tensile strength and elongation levels, where specified, of the 2 precipitation hardening grades listed in the standard. (Grade 1.4532, that appeared in the 1995 version of BS EN 10088 is not specified in the 2005 editions.)
The data given is not intended to replace that shown in individual standards to which reference should always be made.
BS EN 10088-2:2005 Edition
BS EN 10088-2 was originally published in 1995. The second, current version, BS EN 10088-2:2005, has superseded BS EN 10088-2:1995, which was withdrawn by BSi on 20th June 2005.
The tables shown here have the 2005 tensile property ranges of the 2 precipitation hardening steels 1.4542 and 1.4568. The specified properties have not been changed for these grades.
The maximum thickness ranges for the specification of mechanical properties have been extended for strip products. Cold rolled strip, C has been increased from 6 to 8mm max
BS EN 10088-2 mechanical properties - precipitation hardening stainless steels
|Designation||Mechanical properties min unless stated|
|Steel name||Steel number||Product||Heat treatment condition2)||Proof strength Rp0.2 N/mm2||Tensile strength Rm N/mm2||Elongation3),4) %|
|Form1)||Thickness mm max|
|Precipitation hardening stainless steels in the heat treated condition-special grades (martensitic steel)|
- C= Cold rolled strip; H= hot rolled strip; P= hot rolled plate.
- AT = solution annealed; P = precipitation hardened; SR= strength relieved.
- The values apply for test pieces with a gauge length of 80mm and a width of 20mm. Test pieces with a gauge length of 50mm and a width of 12.5mm can also be used.
- The values apply for test pieces with a gauge length of 5.65 So0.5
- Delivery condition.
- Condition of application; other precipitation hardening temperatures may be agreed.
- If ordered in the finally treated condition.
- Delivery condition for further processing; final treatment according to table A.3 of BS EN 10088-2.
- For spring-hard rolled condition see EN 10151