HS2, The Biggest Civil Engineering Project in the UK Ever!
06 Sep 2016
Key points from a recent meeting attended by the BSSA when the HS2 project was outlined and the procurement process clarified:
- HS2 was described as a “catalyst for growth and the regeneration of cities”
- £55bn project with a 16 year construction pipeline
- Major stainless steel potential for stations, rolling stock and tunnels
- Cutting travel time by up to 50pc
- Between 2020 and 2030, the project will require 2.03 million tonnes of steel
- 60pc of procurement will go to SME’s
- 25,000 jobs in construction and 100,000 when up and running
Members will shortly receive specific information regarding how to access the opportunities this project will bring.