Introduction to Stainless Steel: 1 Day Course - West Bromwich (27/06/17)
Tuesday 27th June 2017
09:00 - 16:30
National Metalforming Centre (NMC), 47 Birmingham Road, West Bromwich B70 6PY
This course provides an overview of the types of stainless steel available, with emphasis on structure, properties and end uses.
- Suits designers, specifiers, sales people, buyers. It is also relevant to engineers, managers and technicians responsible for the QA testing of stainless steel products.
- Gives a comprehensive overview of the types of stainless steel available, with emphasis on structure, properties and end uses. An important aim is to provide up-to-date information to help with the selection of the most appropriate grade(s).
- Includes a comprehensive technical manual.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Understand why stainless steel is different from non stainless steel and be familiar with the diverse product range and the market sectors supplied.
- Learn about the different types of stainless steel i.e. ferritic, martensitic, austenitic, duplex, PH and how they differ in terms of structure and composition.
- Learn about the mechanical and physical properties of each stainless steel type and how this influences end use.
- Be familiar with the corrosion mechanisms that can undermine stainless steel performance and the important metrics which define corrosion resistance.
- Understand the basic methods of forming, fabricating and joining stainless steel - know the pros and cons of welding each stainless steel type.
The cost is £160 (+VAT) for members and £210 (+VAT) for non-members. Refreshments and lunch are included.
For course content enquiries please contact our presenter Mike Lewus:-
Tel: 0114 292 2637 or Email: email@example.com.
For booking enquiries please contact Kate at the BSSA Office:-
Tel: 0114 292 2636 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.