Introduction to Stainless Steel: 1 Day Course - Sheffield (30/05/17)
Tuesday 30th May 2017
09:00 - 16:30
Sheffield United Football Club, Bramall Lane, Sheffield, S2 4SU
This course provides an overview of the types of stainless steel available, with emphasis on structure, properties and end uses.
- Suits designers, specifiers, sales people, buyers. It is also relevant to engineers, managers and technicians responsible for the QA testing of stainless steel products.
- Gives a comprehensive overview of the types of stainless steel available, with emphasis on structure, properties and end uses. An important aim is to provide up-to-date information to help with the selection of the most appropriate grade(s).
- Includes a comprehensive technical manual.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Understand why stainless steel is different from non stainless steel and be familiar with the diverse product range and the market sectors supplied.
- Learn about the different types of stainless steel i.e. ferritic, martensitic, austenitic, duplex, PH and how they differ in terms of structure and composition.
- Learn about the mechanical and physical properties of each stainless steel type and how this influences end use.
- Be familiar with the corrosion mechanisms that can undermine stainless steel performance and the important metrics which define corrosion resistance.
- Understand the basic methods of forming, fabricating and joining stainless steel - know the pros and cons of welding each stainless steel type.
The cost is £160 (+VAT) for members and £210 (+VAT) for non-members. Refreshments and lunch are included.
For course content enquiries please contact our presenter Mike Lewus:-
Tel: 0114 292 2637 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For booking enquiries please contact Kate at the BSSA Office:-
Tel: 0114 292 2636 or Email: email@example.com.
Location and Transport: http://sheffieldconference.com/contact-us/
By Car from the North: Exit the M1 at Junction 33 following signs to Sheffield (A57), continue along the Sheffield parkway until you reach the Park Square roundabout. Take the third exit and follow the A61 Sheaf Street. Sheffield Railway Station is on your left, at the Sheaf Street roundabout, continue ahead onto Suffolk Street. At the Granville Square roundabout turn right onto St Mary’s Road. Take the second left into Shoreham Street and the ground is on the right.
By Car from the South: Exit the M1 at Junction 29 and take the A617 towards Chesterfield. Continue into Chesterfield and at the roundabout junction with the A61 take the third exit towards Sheffield. Continue on the A61 through Dronfield and into Sheffield. Continue past the Earl of Arundel and Surrey Public House on the left. Take the next left onto Bramall Lane and the ground is on the right.
By Car from the East: Exit the M1 at Junction 31 or 33 and take the A57 to the roundabout, take the third exit onto Sheaf Street. Continue from point 3 ‘From the North’
By Car from the West: Take the A57 into Sheffield and take the fourth exit at roundabout into Upper Hanover Street and at the second roundabout take the third exit Bramall Lane.