CBM: Metallurgy for non metallurgists
Monday 25th June 2012
The National Metalforming Centre, 47 Birmingham Road, West Bromwich, B70 6PY
The Metallurgy for Non-Metallurgists programme is a two day course (25th & 28th June) designed for anyone who needs to know more about metals and processes used in their company.
Outline of course contents
· Metal properties
· Metals structure
· Ore smelting
· Metals making & casting
· Rolling and metal forming
· Mechanical Testing and NDT
· Hot & cold working/shaping/forming
· Heat treatment
· Metal alloy classification
The Metallurgy for Non-Metallurgists programme will enable participants to:
· communicate more effectively with technical colleagues
· be better informed and more efficient when dealing with customer enquiries
· avoid mistakes caused by lack of understanding
· understand the production, processing and testing of relevant metals and alloys
· appreciate the properties and applications of relevant industrial alloys
Courses commence with delivery of core knowledge components and progress onto a series of extended knowledge modules.
Courses take the form of participative workshops, led by an expert metallurgist with extensive metals industry experience.
The content, length and structure of the course can vary according to individual company needs.
A folder of course materials is supplied and all attendees will receive a certificate after completing the two day course.
CBM / CMF / GTMA / BPMA / ALFED / SEMA / BSSA members £295 + vat per person
Non Members £395 + vat per person
Places are limited, so to avoid disappointment reserve your place(s) now: contact Kirsi Lintula at the CBM offices on 0121 601 6350 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or BOOK ONLINE BY CLICKING ON THE LINK BELOW: